HeroClix Online Forums

HeroClix Online Forums (http://hcforums.icarusstudios.com/hcforums/index.php)
-   Community Events (http://hcforums.icarusstudios.com/hcforums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   League Playoffs (http://hcforums.icarusstudios.com/hcforums/showthread.php?t=3934)

Bell 03-06-2014 12:01 AM

League Playoffs

The top 8 teams will make the playoffs. The seedings will be determined by the overall standings using the following criteria:
1. Total Wins
2. Win %
3. Total Matches Played
4. Head to Head match-ups
Each round will have a unique build, and will be a best out of 3 matches (you must defeat your opponent twice to advance) to mitigate any poor dice. You may change teams between matches if you wish. You will have one week to get in all of your matches for the round, any player who fails to make an attempt to play the matches with in the week will be automatically disqualified.

The rankings spreadsheet will be sorted by playoff standings with all the players who appear above the red line being the ones who are currently in the playoffs (barring any head to head tie breakers).

The standard ban list will stay in effect unless other wise specified in a build.
Banned Figures:
Shuma Gorath (M-G01)
Mole Man (GG 026)
Fantomex (WXM 042)
Ghost Rider (ASM 046)
Nightcrawler (WOS 047)
Scarlet Witch (FFCW 006)
Captain America (HOT 040)
Here are the builds for the playoffs.

Round 1(Top 8)
Name: We fight to the end

Rules: All figures on your force must have one of the following keywords and you must have each keyword represented by a different figure, Soldier, Warrior, and Martial Artist. All matches in this round will be played with out the time limit set so that matches end when one team has all of their figures KO'ed.

Banned: Fear Itself Thor

Round 2(Top 4)
Name: A True Team

Rules: All figure on your force must share the same printed Team Ability and a keyword. Minimum of 3 figures.

Banned: Prof X(123pt)

Round 3(Top 2)
Name: Big Gunz

Rules: All figure on your force must have one of the following powers on it's starting click - Ranged Combat Expert, Penetrating/Psychic Blast, or Energy Explosion.

Banned: Prof X(123pt), Thanos
The play off seedings have been set and you can see the full bracket on the playoffs tab of the spreadsheet

Round one has the following matches:
Haymaker vs Spiderham

Mwposse vs Thebigham

Howardbrock vs Clix0rux

Kornflake vs Belltheconqueror
You must play your games by midnight EST Thursday March 20th. Please post in this thread to let your opponent know when you would like to play them.

If a match has not concluded by the deadline I have the right to forfeit a player if they did not make an attempt to communicate with their opponent. Please let me know if you are having trouble getting in touch with your opponent. Congrats to those who made the play offs, and good luck!

mwposse 03-14-2014 07:52 PM

Thebigham it looks like you and I are matched up. I prefer to play after 9:00 PM central time (actually the later the better). Is there a day or time that is better for you?

thebigham 03-15-2014 12:04 AM

sent PM. easier that way.

howard brock 03-15-2014 08:50 PM

Well Clix0rux, I am ready when you are.

Haymaker 03-15-2014 10:11 PM

Spiderham I can play just about any day, just need a little advanced notice. Let me know when you're free.

Bell 03-15-2014 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haymaker (Post 17898)
Spiderham I can play just about any day, just need a little advanced notice. Let me know when you're free.

Spiderham sent me an IM saying that he was forfeiting your match so looks like you get a bye Hay.

howard brock 03-15-2014 11:48 PM

Game 1

Howard Brock Win
Clix0rux Loss

GG buddy. See for round two tomorrow night

Haymaker 03-16-2014 02:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bell (Post 17899)
Spiderham sent me an IM saying that he was forfeiting your match so looks like you get a bye Hay.

Bummer, did he say why?

kornflake420 03-16-2014 03:23 PM

Bell I should be available tonight, probably around 7-8ish est if that works for you, if not then after Walking Dead lol. I saw you were on last night and wrote but you must have been afk.

Haymaker 03-16-2014 06:20 PM

Just to be clear, when playing your opponent 3 times, should we be using the same "round" format for all 3 matches, but can switch builds in between? Or are we playing a Round 1 team(Soldier, Martial Artists, Warriors), Round 2 team (True Team), then Round 3 (Big Gunz) team against each opponent?