HeroClix Online Forums

Go Back   HeroClix Online Forums > Main Category > Game Discussion

Old 08-01-2011, 07:26 PM

now I have not bought a booster in a few weeks, but...

The current digital prices for your boosters/bricks are as follows…

100 Clix Bux can be purchased for $5 USD
1 Booster (a set of 5 Clix) will be 239 (rounded to 240) Clixbux = approx $12.00
1 Brick (10 Boosters) will be 2390 (rounded to 2400) Clixbux = approx $120.00

The Real Life Price: These are 3 random selling houses that I clicked on while online. I found these by typing “Hammer of Thor Booster” or “Hammer of Thor Brick” using goggle

http://www.trollandtoad.com/p281028.html

Hammer of Thor Booster: $12.00 (on sale for $10.00)
Hammer of Thor Brick: $105.00

http://www.coolstuffinc.com/main_min...or&info4=Packs

Hammer of Thor Booster Brick: $80.00

http://www.scifigenre.com/itemDetail...ID=65272&sid=G

Hammer of Thor Booster: $9.60

also remember I am also using your example of buying a brick where there is a 40 buck differance...

so as for how close...you tell me
Old 08-01-2011, 07:44 PM

right go ahead and add shipping to all of those prices above and at 200 cb a booster we are at the same price, if not a little cheaper online....as far as the discount you get when buying bricks, that does not translate well to an online product with a limitless supply of inventory...as it can be severely abused by those with a little more available capital...
Old 08-01-2011, 08:24 PM

if your going to add a shipping fee then you also understand that the shipping fee is (in some cases free) or is a set price depending upon where you live...

By saying I have to add the shipping fee (and I grant you that is something I did not consider) you also have to consider the following:

1. A person may buy more of a product at a reduced price, so even if you add a shipping fee...they are still making out even tho they are spending more on something. So in the end if you buy 3 boosters online vs 3 boosters in RL...it is still cheaper to buy the 3 in RL

2. If your thought is that by adding the shipping fee then it is the same cost for Digital, then that makes Wizkids looks really bad as we (the player) have to pay a "Convenience fee" just for playing a game...

3. By saying you have a limitless inventory (and this is quite true) for a digital item and still charge RL prices...is just wrong

4. Anything can be abused by someone with more capital...no surprise there...but not sure I understand your point
Old 08-07-2011, 03:59 AM

well if they do lower prices they could just reward you with bucks based on the amount you have spent would be a possible solution.