HeroClix Online Forums

Go Back   HeroClix Online Forums > Main Category > Game Discussion

Old 11-13-2011, 06:56 PM

Looking over the rules, I see we need to play at least 4 unique players per week. Most of my league doesn't come on line, and when they do some no longer feel like playing in the league. Is it possible we can mix some of the leagues to give us more opponent options to play against?
Old 11-13-2011, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by initialm7 View Post
Looking over the rules, I see we need to play at least 4 unique players per week. Most of my league doesn't come on line, and when they do some no longer feel like playing in the league. Is it possible we can mix some of the leagues to give us more opponent options to play against?
As I understand the combination of these 2 rules:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

3. League members must play a Minimum of 4 league matches against unique
members of their league each "league week" for 4 weeks.

6. The "1 repeat" rule: Contestants may not play each other more than
twice during any 1 "league week" for a win/loss to count. Thus, only a
maximum of 2 unique wins may be achieved by playing the same player
twice in any given round. Matches played in excess of this number will
be discarded.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

You would be able to play the 4 matches needed against 2 players from your league.

Or does the "Unique" term in rule 3 mean it has to be 4 different players and not just 4 different matches?

Please correct me if i'm wrong.
Old 11-13-2011, 11:46 PM

That stinks, because League 5 is nearly a ghost town. I can get 4 matches in at least, against two people but most of them seem to have quit or are never online.
Old 11-13-2011, 11:55 PM

Might be necessary to kick out people that don't even try to hit the minimum and merge a few leagues if it's that hard to get opponents in some of the leagues.
Old 11-15-2011, 10:52 PM

Default Why I've (almost) dropped out of the league

I afraid I've not been on as much as I'd have liked and when I have I've found the league games to be too pressured for me to enjoy. (And no I'm not complaining that I've only faced "cheese" teams because so far I haven't - Just players that are better than me*)

However the biggest issue for me has been the time difference - I'm based in the UK (GMT) but for the last two weeks I've been in Lithuania or Sweden (GMT+2 or GMT+1) and as a result when I'm on, feeling fresh and ready to play there are very few of my league on. When they do come on it's getting late for me and I'm not really in the mood to play a game I need to concentrate on.

When I signed up for the league I didn't really look pay attention to the time commitment - 4 games - the minimum is hard (given that it might well take an hour of waiting before I get a game each night). If I wanted to have the chance to win I'd need to plan top play 8 games a week - I'm never going to get time for that.

I'm now back in the UK and should have more time to play so I'll be playing - and as I can't now win - the games are less pressure for me.

Phyl.

(Of course had I played better and won any games at all - I might have felt motivated to stay up late a few nights to try and rack up some wins)

* For me at least a ladder system would work better - Then I can drop down the ladder till I'm with players who match my skill level - But that's a post for another
Old 11-16-2011, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faxan View Post
The term applies to the players, so if you only play the minimum number of matches (4), then all of the matches must be against different players.
So league #2 is a ghost town, in the first week only five players got score, and one from them look its not its not ineterested, because whem i invited him he said that prefers an IC tournemant. With only four players how we can face four diferent oponents?
Old 11-16-2011, 06:44 PM
HeroClix Online Team Member

To correct an earlier response to a question outlining the minimum and repeat one rule: You can play against two players, twice to meet the minimum of 4 matches in the league week.

We apologize for any misunderstanding.

- The HeroClix Team -

Tags
league5