HeroClix Online Forums

Go Back   HeroClix Online Forums > Main Category > Rules Discussion

Old 10-01-2011, 06:03 AM

Default The chess clock needs to be revamped for tournament play/ NO Time expired forfit rule

both players having a separate timers for the match is not a good implementation for tournament play.

you need to redesign the clock where both players use the same time for a match.

I had 5 figures to another players 2.

My time had expired with the current method. I lost the game. However the player in the tournament had played Thanos. Thanos only needed 2 clicks of damaged and he would have been KO.

The timer expired and there was still 15 minutes left to be played until the next round.

The current system penalizes the player that has more actions to pick through and activate.

Infinity Challenge Sealed Tournaments have been added to the tournament queue:

This is the description of the tournament:

Infinity Challenge Sealed
- 4 players, single elimination
- 200 point teams
- 190 CB entry fee (the cost of two 5-figure boosters, only available in tournaments)
- 50 minute matches, 60 minutes between rounds
- 1st prize: 152 CB
- 2nd prize: 76 CB

50 minutes matches. NO where does it say if time expires for one player the match is over.

We had 15 minutes left before the next round. We had at least 5 minutes for more game time.

You should remove the time expired rule that forfits the game.

The comprehesive tournament rules state the following for keeping time:
1.2.5 Timekeeping: HeroClix rounds last 50 minutes. The judge running the event should make
four announcements regarding time during a match. The first, to announce that time for
the match has begun. The second, to announce that 20 to 30 minutes are remaining in the
match. The third, to announce that 5 to 10 minutes are remaining in the match. The final
announcement is when time for the match has elapsed. Once time is called, the game ends
immediately. If an action was announced but not yet completed, the acting player may
complete the action (and any subsequent free actions that are a part of that action).
Judges are allowed to run events with different time limits. Although the approximate time
for the round must be known to the players, at the judge’s discretion, at the start of the
match, the judge may add or subtract 1 to 3 minutes from the total time for the round.
When this takes place, the judge must announce that the 50 minute time limit is an
approximation.

Those of us that are long time players have already played tournaments like this and I feel it is against the spirit of the game to have players lose a tournament match when there is still time left in the current round.

Lose the chess clock that measures time for each individual player.

Have one timer that measure the time in the round.

Yes I understand that some will say you have to manage your time better.
There was still time for the round to be played.

Last edited by Sir_Cala; 10-01-2011 at 06:50 AM.
Old 10-02-2011, 12:16 AM

ok, so I kill one of your guys then sit there for 43 minutes since we share a clock, sounds fun.....step up your time management game, chess clocks arent going anywhere....
Old 10-02-2011, 02:58 AM

Look it is a broken system....its not the stalling by running away your figure.

Its when you can stall during the opponents combat phase and not click ready and eat up the opponents time after an attack.
Old 10-02-2011, 07:13 PM

First of all there should not be a clock on 200 point IC sealed events, those games will go quicker if it's played tomlast man standing, stalling wont be a factor then if they want to win.

And by doing nothing they are mor or less giving theirokay to stallingout the clock to win.

Sick and tired of sitting and waiting 3-4 mins for the other player to do anything on their turn then sitting more time while they make another action and then again even more time to end their turn when there is nothing else they can do.

No excuse for any player to do this other than they are stalling out time to win.

Clocks have to go or at least not be visible, we don't get that right when playing at a venue for that same reason, but then again my thought on it is that those that have no skill in how to play have to stall.
Old 10-03-2011, 06:53 PM

Lol, each persons individual chess clock is what keeps people from stalling....if you take 8 mins per turn, your clock will run out long before the round timer does and you will lose for stalling....
Old 10-03-2011, 07:58 PM

yet again your are missing the point of the discussion of this thread

- 200 point teams
- 190 CB entry fee (the cost of two 5-figure boosters, only available in tournaments)

50 minute matches

just because the personal timer had expired
there was still time in the round to play.
no where does it say you will forfeit if time expires.

In addition if a person is stalling they do get a warning for not performing any actions.

Last edited by Sir_Cala; 10-03-2011 at 08:06 PM.
Old 10-03-2011, 10:47 PM

Splitting the overall match time in half is the most fair way to allocate time...play faster....
Old 10-04-2011, 06:16 AM

- 200 point teams
Old 10-12-2011, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theharpiece View Post
Splitting the overall match time in half is the most fair way to allocate time...play faster....
Not really...

Play A (the staller) takes out one fig. then stalls time off the clock 5 -6-7-8 mins per turn, before does anything else or ends tirn.

Player B , moves or try to attack, uses little time and ends turn.

Player A (the Staller), does nothing fro 3-4 mins, then moves a fig. or uses a free action, then waits another 3-4 mins. to make next move or free action, then waits again 3-4 mins to end turn.

I have been in that type of game way too many times and lose because they other player stalled out time to win, no matter how fast I play the other person can stall out time to win, so that lame excuse wont fly.

Too many times I have had 15-20 mins left on my clock while the other has 1-2 mins left and the game ends and they win due to stalling.

In 200 point games a a clock is not needed period, lose it and play to last man standing, the games wont even go past 20 mins before one side wins.
Old 10-13-2011, 08:08 AM

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...mage010jl.jpg/time 25:19 to 15:46

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...mage011es.jpg/ 22:16 to :01

this is what im talking about why a one figure team versus a full 5 figure team and how the split clock is unfair to the player who has more actions and controls to go through.

The player ended up forfeiting and there was 17 minutes left until round 2. There where actually 7 minutes left in the game and if there was a chance for a player could pull it out he should be given that extra time to play.

Last edited by Sir_Cala; 10-13-2011 at 10:29 AM.