HeroClix Online Forums

Go Back   HeroClix Online Forums > Main Category > Getting Started

Old 12-15-2012, 02:27 AM

Default Calander Uses

Not sure if this has been touched on before so I apologize if so or if this would be the wrong area to post this in. But the forum's explanation for the purpose of the calander is to list events, I was wondering if there was a way for members to show when they are looking to play and what format. Ex. being
Marvelmarc every Tuesday of the month, beginners (or some category to show the level of experience you have, even if it is an icon system. Like 1 star for beginner then 2 for next and so on) 300pt marvel single match or best 2/3.
Or name, date, beginner 1-2 sealed tourn. This way people like myself (hopefully there are others so I don't feel like a butt head by posting this) can plan on how to determine when to log in.
Just an idea I got and wanted to throw it out there to see if anyone could tweak what I'm trying to accomplish into something actually useful. Will post the forums Calander description in reply.
Old 12-15-2012, 02:30 AM

Default Calander Description

You will see a 'Calander' link near the top of the forums (if this option is enabled by the administrator). By default, the forums will have one Calendar that can be viewed and used by all members.

Members can add upcoming events that might interest the community. You can also sign up to get email alerts about upcoming events.

In addition, the administrator could create additional private calendars for individual members or for specific user groups.

How do I add an event to the Calander?

If you have the appropriate permissions, there will be a box on the Calander labelled 'Add New Event'. The administrator may have enabled registered members to post public events, but usually this is not the case. It's more likely that you can only post your own private events that can only be seen by you.

There are three types of event that can be added to a calander:

Single, All Day Event - an event that takes place for the whole of a day.
Ranged Event - events that have a defined start time and end time, not necessarily both on the same day.
Recurring Event - repeat over a set period of time based on certain criteria. Examples would be an event that occurs on the first Monday of every month and an event that occurs every Monday and Wednesday.
Just choose the appropriate option for the event you are adding, fill in the required information, then save the event. It will now appear on the Calander.

Where do birthdays show?

Birthdays may be shown on the calendar if the administrator has enabled this feature. Your birthday will automatically be shown on the calendar if you have entered the date of your birthday in your profile. Note: if you do not enter the year of your birth when you edit your profile, your age will not be shown on the calendar.

If you enter your birthday, your name will also appear on the main forum page when it is your birthday.
Old 12-15-2012, 03:54 PM
HeroClix Online Team Member

Hi,

The calendar is (and has been) enabled
Old 12-17-2012, 02:31 AM

Default Any guidelines or requisites when posting to calendar?

Thanks Y,
Just want to make sure that it would be use properly or in the way it was intended. Obviously, don't want to post nonsense, so as long as the entry is HCO related, it would be acceptable?
Maybe as it was noted, that the admin could create calendars for private members, or by member group. If someone was very involved I could see an additional private one but group sounds useful.
Groups, would be cool if there was some kind of way to have a reason for a group, GUILD, ALLIANCE kind of thing that would benefit the members of each. Guild master or leader AKA whatever would be able to hold matches for each member and teach them so they can achieve that REWARD,
Pts for group, character for each member, etc . .
( leading to the question that is it or would it ever be a possibility for other players to join a match just to have the ability to VIEW, CHAT ONLY? who knows, could even be a 3v3, 4v4 at some point, but that is getting way ahead)
So back to the point of the CALENDAR, does anyone have this ability and how would it show up? Example I put in tonight, 11- 1:30,* (1star for beginner) anything but P2P(pay to play kind of matches) How does this get relayed to the rest of forums? Or do members have to check on their own?
Old 12-17-2012, 03:56 AM

Yes, you should be able add events to the Calendar (if you can't add events, or have any issue viewing them, then reply to let us know and we'll correct it ) and the events should be HCO related. I don't think people need to know when I'm going to the grocery store, or when I'm going to the doctor. Calendar FAQs can be found here.

You can create Groups in the forums by going here. You can use it to setup times to play matches with one another, or to simply talk about the battle you had last night. In your case, it may be helpful to use the messaging system in the Groups to alert others of a date on the Calendar. Some FAQs about the groups can be found here.

There is not a way to create groups/clans in the game. That may be a post for the Suggestion section of the forums.

Viewing other matches and multi-player matches are things we'd also like to see in the game, and while they are on the long list of things to be added, we don't have an ETA for them yet.