HeroClix Online Forums

Go Back   HeroClix Online Forums > Main Category > Community Events

Old 07-01-2013, 08:55 PM

Post SerMonty Free League: Season 4 - Information & Sign-Up Thread

It’s time for season four of the SerMonty Free League. A player run league that is completely FREE to participate in. Season four brings us new prizes, new figures to play, and new weekly formats. Let the games begin!

Season four starts on Thursday, July 11th. The league will last four weeks followed by a playoff to determine the winner of the league.

Sign-ups:
You can sign-up for the league by posting a reply to this thread. Please include your forums name and in-game name. You can sign-up for the league at anytime, even after the league has begun.

You may also sign-up after you have played one league match if you were recruited to join by another player in-game. Please have the new player make a sign-up post immediately after playing the match. Matches played against newly joined players will not be recorded until there is a sign-up post made by the new player.

How to Play:
Playing a league match is easy. Simply find a fellow league member in game via chat and set up the match in the lobby. The winner of the match reports the results in the Match Results Thread for the appropriate week.

You can play a maximum of 10 games per week. You can play a maximum of 3 games against the same opponent per week.

A week in the league goes from Thursday to Thursday and coincides with the weekly server maintenance. When the server is back up, the week begins. When the server goes down on the following Thursday, the week ends.

Please note, just because you play a match against a fellow league member does not automatically make it a league match. Confirm it is going to be a league match via chat. Make sure both players agree it will count as a league match before the game actually starts.

Matches that are part of another tournament cannot count as league matches.

Earning Points & Making the Playoffs:
Every match you play earns you points. A match win is worth 3 points and a match loss is worth 1 point. The player with the most points at the end of the week is that week’s winner. Winning a week earns you that week’s prize and a guaranteed spot in the Playoffs to determine to overall league winner.

If multiple players are tied for the most points at the end of a week, all players will earn a guaranteed spot in the Playoffs. The winner of that week’s prize will be the player who had the highest opponents winning percentage for the week. The other players will receive a consolation prize.

A player can win more than one week and earn multiple weekly prizes. If a player who wins a given week already has a guaranteed spot in the Playoffs, the player with the next highest point total, who has not already earned a spot, will get the guaranteed spot in the Playoffs for that week.

The Playoffs will be a single-elimination tournament with seeding determined by total regular season points earned.

In addition to the guaranteed spots from winning a week, there will also be Wildcard Spots available. The highest overall point earners who did not earn a spot in the Playoffs will earn the Wildcard Spots. There will be 1-3 wildcard players chosen, depending on the number players who already qualified for the Playoffs.

The winner of the Playoffs will be crowned the winner of Season 4 and win a Convention Exclusive Punisher!

The Overall Points Leader at the end of the regular season will win a Chase Winter Hulk!

Fellowship & Participation:
The League was created to bring together the members of the online community who enjoy Heroclix and not just be about winning games. In keeping with that spirit there will be Fellowship and Participation prizes awarded during the league.

Every week there will be a Fellowship Prize awarded based on a player vote. Each player may submit one fellowship vote to me via PM. You must vote for a player you played against during the week, and you may not vote for yourself. I would advise voting based on a combination of sportsmanship, in-game experience, and creative team building.

If multiple players are tied for the most votes, the winner of that week’s prize will be determined randomly. The other players will receive a consolation prize.

To ensure the maximum amount of players walk away with something from the league, a player will not be eligible to win fellowship if he has previous won a Weekly or Fellowship (or consolation) Prize.

Every week there will be a Random Door Prize awarded. To qualify for the Door Prize a player must play at least 3 games during the week. Again, to spread the prizes around, a player will not be eligible to win the Door Prize if he has previous won a prize in the league.

Perfect Attendance prizes will be handed out at the end of the regular season. To earn a Perfect Attendance prize a player must play all 40 games. That’s playing the maximum 10 games allowed per week for all four weeks.

There will also be Figure Bounties handed out throughout the league. Figures judges swag players with in real life for “first person to roll a critical hit” or “first person to KO a figure”. Now since I can’t watch these games, the bounties are going to be based off of what you post during the league. In this thread, the results threads, or the discussion thread. Some of the bounties are going to be made known and some are going to be kept secret to make things more interesting.

Finally, there will be a General Participation Prize.

Every player who plays one game in the League will receive a Marvel Knights ATA courtesy of HCO.

If you did miss this ATA when it was previously released, this is a great opportunity to pick one up.

Last edited by luckymusolino; 07-03-2013 at 07:11 PM.
Old 07-01-2013, 08:55 PM

Post Information Continued

General Procedures:
Players do not have to submit a force build sheet. You are allowed to play multiple teams in a given week and can change teams between games. This does not mean that you can change your team after you have seen your opponent’s team in-game.

In the load screen before the game starts, scan your opponent’s team to make sure it is legal and the correct build total. If a player is fielding an illegal team, stop and discuss the matter. The player can leave the match and fix the team, select another team to play, or you can decide to not play the game at that time.

If you feel that a player is intentionally showing an illegal team to try and gain an advantage by seeing your team first, then selecting a legal team, remember you always have the choice to not play the game. Please PM me to make me aware of your concerns and I will investigate the issue.

All matches should be timed. When you create the match, both the “Use Timers” and “Time Limits” boxes need to be checked. You have to manually check the “Time Limits” box, it does not pre-populate checked. If you join a match another player has created, on the team select screen make sure the “Time Limits” field is listed as “Enabled”.

You may concede a match under these two conditions. One, the game clock must show less than 20 minutes remaining in the match. Two, you must notify your opponent via chat and he must confirm the concession.

Do not quit a match. Rage quitting, quitting matches early in the game, quitting before an opponent responds via chat will not be tolerated. A player doing this will first receive a warning, and then harsher measures will be taken.

Computers Issues & Disconnects:
Any match that cannot be completed due to a computer issue (disconnection, loading issue, bug, etc.) will not be counted. To ensure there is no dispute after the fact, please take a screen cap of the issue or disconnect message.

Bugs:
If a bug occurs that affects game play discuss the issue with your opponent via chat. If both players agree, you can exit out of the match and restart the game. If both players determine that the bug did not alter the game in a significant way, both can agree to continue playing the game as is and the results will stand.

However, if the bug clearly affected the outcome of the game and both players cannot agree to a restart or letting the game stand as is, continue playing the game to its conclusion and do not quit out of the match.

The player who was negatively affected by the bug can submit a request to me via PM to have the game become a No Contest. The player will not have the loss counted on his record and the game will not count towards one of your ten games for the week. The winner will still have the win and points on his record.

When submitting a No Contest request you must include full details of the issue and how it affected the game and caused you to loose. You must also fill out an in-game Bug Report and submit the Bug Report ID# with your request. Screen cap the issue as best you can including the Action Log entries and attach them with your request. Finally, you must post a thread on the forums in the “Bugs & Troubleshooting” section so fellow league players can be made aware of the bug.

Please note, submitting a No Contest request is not a guarantee that the loss will be overturned and removed from your record. I will review each issue and make a decision on a case-by-case basis.

Before you go through this process, please understand the difference between a mistake and a bug. That should be part of the discussion you have with your opponent via chat at the time of the issue. Mistakes may even look like bugs at first, but if the most likely explanation is a mistake on the part of the player, the loss will not be overturned.

Some examples of mistakes are:
Clicking Move instead of Running Shot and not being able to make an attack.
When attempting to destroy a wall, clicking yes to making an attack roll, and then rolling a critical miss and the wall doesn’t get destroyed.
Not selecting a prompt to trigger a power or trait.

Some examples of bugs are:
An ATA not triggering when it should during an attack.
A figure not having LoF to a target even though a trait should allow it.
An opponent’s figure AEing into the full version of its dial.

Things to Remember:
Please, please remember this league has been made possible because a fellow community member, SerMonty, is giving away free figures out of the kindness of his heart. Play fair, be a good sport, and don’t be an ***hole.

Please keep in mind that not every player has the same philosophy when it comes to team building and play style as you do. And that’s okay. It’s part of what makes Heroclix great. When you do encounter another player who differs in your view on how the game should be played; don’t get upset with him, don’t try to convince him that you’re right and he’s wrong, and don’t make snide comments towards him. Be polite, recognize that different people play the game for different reasons, and move on.

Finally, this is a player run and player sponsored league. HCO and their GMs do not have any involvement in the organization of the league, rules of the league or their enforcement. If you have a problem, bring it to me. If there is a problem, it will be handled by me.

Have fun and thank you for participating in Season 4!

Last edited by luckymusolino; 07-01-2013 at 08:57 PM.
Old 07-01-2013, 08:56 PM

Arrow Schedule & Build Formats

Week 1:
400pts - The highest point figure on your force must be able to use one of the following powers on its first click:
-Mind Control
-Plasticity
-Force Blast
-Incapacitate
-Smoke Cloud
GSX Professor X (123pt rare) is not allowed this week

Week 2:
800pts - Every figure on your force must be 125pts or greater
Figures with 2x2 bases are not allowed this week

Week 3:
300pts - Every figure on your force must be 75pts or less
HoT Captain America is not allowed this week

Week 4:
500pts - Must use a Theme Team (either Named or Generic Keyword)
The maximum number of times you can play a given keyword this week is 4

Playoffs:
400pts - Will include a player generated ban list
  • For all weeks any set is legal (Golden Age for physical clix).
  • Both Marvel and DC figures are legal.
  • HCO Exclusive figures are legal.
  • All objects, ATAs, & maps are legal.
  • Highlander Plus rule is in effect.
    • No two figures on your team can have the same name.
    • With the exception of figures on the Generic Figure List found HERE.
  • No figure is outright banned.

Last edited by luckymusolino; 07-11-2013 at 03:10 PM.
Old 07-01-2013, 08:56 PM

Arrow League Standings & Prize Distribution

Overall Points Standings

Week 1
Winner = TabAPP Captain America
Fellowship = TabAPP Iron Man
Door = WoS Scarlet Spider Rare

Week 2
Winner = HoT Valkyrie SR
Fellowship = AVM Loki Chase
Door = AVM Destroyer Rare

Week 3
Winner = GSX Horseman Wolverine SR
Fellowship = GSX Armor SR
Door = GSX Professor X Rare

Week 4
Winner = CAP Rojhaz Chase
Fellowship = CAP Modok SR
Door = GSX Mystique Rare

League Winner = Convention Exclusive Punisher
Overall Points Leader = Winter Hulk Chase

Perfect Attendance = Random SR
Participation = Marvel Knights ATA
Figure Bounties = Common or Uncommon

Week 1 Prizes:
Winner = Haymaker - PAID
Fellowship = Beachmagic - PAID
Door = Gideon

Week 2 Prizes:
Winner = Crimmy - PAID
Fellowship = Nin Jitsu - PAID
Consolation Prize = JiveTurkey (Gabe Jones LE) - PAID
Door = Versus Mode - PAID

Week 3 Prizes:
Winner = Asgardian
Fellowship = HartHiryu - PAID
Consolation Prize = Rod Parsley (Toxin LE) - PAID
Door = Infinity Force - PAID

Week 4 Prizes:
Winner = Haymaker - PAID
Playoff Spots = Demecles, Jeterey, Orpheus Prime, Raokiji
Fellowship = Bnwjoew
Door = Bulldragon - PAID

Regular Season Prizes:
Overall Points Leader = Haymaker - PAID
Perfect Attendance =
Demecles
Ignatius
Monitor
Spiderham
Jeterey - PAID
Haymaker - PAID
Raokiji - PAID
Orpheus Prime - PAID

Postseason Prizes:
League Champion = Jeterey

Last edited by luckymusolino; 09-21-2013 at 11:29 PM. Reason: Updated Prize Winners
Old 07-01-2013, 11:14 PM

Default I'm in

Both names are demecles
Old 07-01-2013, 11:19 PM

spider_ham (Forum) / Spiderham (In-Game) is ready for another season!
Old 07-01-2013, 11:40 PM

maahaahahaahaahaaa thy shall participate in thou league but be warned I'm bringeth the heat (monster boss music played in back ground!!).
they call me.......ThreekindsOfAwesomeMan!!!!!!!!! dun dun daaaaaaaaa

ps do you need any prize donations ?

HeroClix is like a fine piece of ceramic art please dont break it

My Trades
HCO Figure List

Last edited by ThreekindsOfAwesomeMan; 07-02-2013 at 01:43 PM.
Old 07-02-2013, 01:01 AM

i think i'll try this out.. for fun & more experience playing...

IGN: Raokiji

& if my figs collection cant cater some of the categories, I'm sure my friends ThreekindsOfAwesomeMan & luckymusolino will let me borrow some figs... thnx
Old 07-02-2013, 06:00 AM

Sign me up! (again)

swerve is the only name I've got.
Old 07-02-2013, 06:02 AM

I'm sure I have enough figures in my collection to help you out if needed

HeroClix is like a fine piece of ceramic art please dont break it

My Trades
HCO Figure List

Tags
free league, sermonty, sign-ups