HeroClix Online Forums

Go Back   HeroClix Online Forums > Main Category > Getting Started

Old 12-06-2010, 06:26 PM
HeroClix Online Team Member

Default Getting Started 5: Creating and Joining a match

To play a game of HeroClix you will need to go to the "Public Matches" section of the "Lobby" tab. Once there you have the option of either creating a game or joining a match that is waiting for players.

If you wish to join a match, select a match from the list. Details about the match will be show in the information box on the right of the screen. Click on the "Join Match" button if you want to play the game with those conditions.

If, instead, you want to start your own game click on the "Create Game" button near the bottom of the screen.

When you create a game you will be prompted with the "Match Information" screen to put in the game restrictions: Points, Players and Era Restrictions.

If you join a game, you will immediately be prompted to select the force you wish to use. If you have instead created a game then you will be prompted for this after you have completed the game "Match Information" window.

Once both players have selected their forces the game will begin.

Old 12-06-2010, 06:40 PM
HeroClix Online Team Member

(Post reserved for FAQ)
Old 01-30-2011, 03:06 AM

I'm kinda late to the game, and I'm feeling dumb. I tried joining a game tonight, and got up to the point of placing my figures on the map. Between figuring out how to move the camera , fumbling with the right buttons and trying to beat the clock, I never got my figures placed and the game timed out before I even got a a chance to play. Any tips for the noob?
Old 01-30-2011, 05:20 AM

Yes...you can either read my camera primer in the SLVRSR4's help corner, or you can study the list of keys in the hot key thread.
Hello geeks. Look at your posts, now back at mine, now back at your posts, now back at mine. Sadly, not everybody is as geeky as me, but you could be if you played themes. Look down, now back up. You're on HCOnline Beta with the Geek other Geeks could be like. Look down, what's in your hand? It's a booster pack with those 2 figures you need. Look again, the figures are now CHASES! Anything is possible when you embrace your inner geek. I'M ON HCONLINE Beta.
Old 01-30-2011, 01:21 PM

I've done both. It's the placing of my team that I wasn't ready for. I just felt like there wasn't quite enough time to get my mind acclimated to what I was trying to do and actually get my pieces sat down before the timer ran out.
Old 01-31-2011, 02:52 PM

there isn't much time for placing your force. You will get more used to it as you get familiar with the maps and the camera. It should not prevent you from playing though, so don't think you can't play because you didn't rearrange your force.
Old 01-31-2011, 08:58 PM

It seemed that way at first. But I think it was a glitch that was causing the game to crash after the force placement timer ran down. It didn't do that to me yesterday.
Old 03-11-2011, 07:17 PM

I've tried both creating and joining an existing game, and can't get any further than selecting my build. When I try to click the "select build" button, nothing happens. Am I doing something wrong?
Old 03-11-2011, 07:27 PM

same here so far.
Old 03-11-2011, 08:33 PM

me too, more or less. I think I started a game against Carlos, but I couldn't figure out how to place my force. When the timer ran out, nothing happened, and I had to leave the game.